Marine Resources have an exciting opportunity for a Marine Engineer to join a reputable employer within the Norfolk area.
To install and maintain engines to a high quality as directed by your Line Manager. To deliver a high quality of service to customers and to demonstrate trial runs. To carry out general boatyard duties as requested by your Line Manager.
• To carry out planned and required work as instructed in line with company standards;
• To ensure that legislative guidelines/regulations are rigorously followed with particular regard to Health & Safety.
• Ensures that all defects are reported to your Line Manager;
• Ensures that all equipment is in good working order and report to your Line Manager if this is not the case.
• To deliver a high quality of service to customers and to demonstrate trial runs;
• To work successfully within a team and to follow instructions;
• To service engines, heating and electrical systems;
• To perform ‘on call’ duties as required;
• To first fix any cabling and piping;
• To perform monitoring activities to ensure that boats comply with regulations and standards;
• Assemble and install engines using tools and machinery as required;
• To work using your initiative and seek guidance when necessary;
• To identify and rectify any repairs when required following approval;
• Consults with your line manager to determine necessary repairs;
• To maintain and attend to water and sewage systems;
• To attend We R Family workshops;
• To maintain boats to the required high standard;
• Other duties as required by the group.
Rate of pay is £11.92 per hour without gas safe qualification and £12.56 per hour with. When on call a retainer of £81.50 per week and use of company van for each week you are on call.
Energy & enthusiasm
Required to show an energetic and enthusiastic approach to the job.
Flexibility, Adaptability and Change Orientation
Required to make changes to own work plans to meet the requirements of changing circumstances and adapt own working practices to meet the needs of change.
Resilience & Stress Tolerance
Required to remain effective despite difficulty, disappointment and when under pressure.
Analytical Problem Solving
Required to approach typical work related problems in a structured, thorough and analytical way and identify appropriate solutions based on that analysis.
Influence & assertiveness
required to demonstrate self – confidence and maturity, showing respect for others’ opinions and needs yet capable of putting across own point of view and achieving desired outcomes.
Required to demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and interests and put an emphasis on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
Planning & Organising
Required to plan own work in advance, set realistic objectives and courses of action.
Required to demonstrate a concern for quality and excellence and consistently set and maintain high standards in own work.
If this sounds like something you would be interested then please call Sarah on 07502 16310