A market-leading marine electronics company are seeking a UX / UI Designer to join their busy and evolving team! The company itself is a supplier of electronic equipment for marine use, both commercial and leisure with their primary focus on the recreational and first responder markets.
The successful individual will join a small team based on the south coast, and will have a hand in solving complex UX challenges and creating beautiful, distinctive, and simple interfaces.
The team designs products and services across a range of platforms - from embedded interfaces in their dedicated hardware to apps, and web services. Each of our products present unique and interesting user interface design challenges, due to their market dominance and diverse product range you’ll be able to get stuck into so many different challenges on a regular basis.
Despite an increasingly competitive sector, this company dominates the market, where user experience plays a key differentiating role.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work through the whole user lifecycle – from working with stakeholders, to gathering requirements from concept through to delivery. Including but limited to user jounerneys, sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes and creating/sourcing graphic designs and assets.
- Understand and engage with end-users to understand their needs, aspirations, mental models, and gather in-depth insights through thorough research.
- Maintain awareness of competitive offerings, industry trends, new technologies and similar market segments. Identify opportunities for differentiation and competitive advantage.
- Provide support to developers and design through to the test team and to sales and marketing to ensure benefits are communicated.
- Strive and push for a user-centric approach
- Hands-on experience of user-centered design process and a strong folio of successful user interface design implementation. (5 years +)
- Proficiency in UX software (eg Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma etc.) and graphic tools (eg Illustrator etc.)
- Experience working with development teams following agile process
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills. Creativity. Problem-solving mindset. Flair for visual design.
- Applicants must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
The right individual for this role will have a significant experience ideally across two of the three platforms (product, apps or web), will be comfortable working on a number of projects and will stay up-to-date on design trends, processes and tools. This dynamic company is looking for an individual who can continue to bring in fresh perspectives and insights! While experience or a hobby of sailing / watersports would be desirable, it’s not essential as there is plenty of opportunities to spend time on the water and/or at boat shows from Southampton to Miami!
Along with this, you’ll also be offered a flexible working schedule – elements of both office and remote working, a competitive salary and a company which puts their people first!
To hear more, please APPLY and call Alisha on 07458040284