Back to job search
JOB PURPOSE : To actively develop the business within the defined territory with both existing and potential customers through regular, targeted and planned sales visits, meeting and exceeding agreed quarterly sales targets for the defined territory. Specific focus will be placed on Distribution and OEM customers.
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Discipline||Sales and Marketing, Executives|
- In conjunction with the Sales Director develop and action the Leisure Marine export sales plan. This is to include strategy to develop sales with existing customers, the identification of new customers/markets and their potential and customer training and promotional programmes.
- Visit all key customers and targeted prospective customers on a regular basis or as necessary as per the agreed sales strategy.
- Identify and implement any sales and technical training for distributors, dealers and OEM’s including exhibition support when necessary.
- Work directly with distributers to develop and implement sales strategies for Marlow products in their territories.
- Identify marketing opportunities and contribute to the development of marketing strategy and content relevant to your customers and sales strategy.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for all accounts. Work with customers to develop forward ordering and forecasting programmes where possible. Work closely with Manufacturing Department to develop internal forecasting and stock profile requirements.
- When required, to attend industry exhibitions and shows – if necessary, outside of normal working hours. To assist the Marketing Department in this respect, setting up and breaking down shows accordingly.
- Identify and report on opportunities for new product development and technical improvements together with their market potential. Report on any customer feedback on technical issues.
- Work with the internal Customer Service Team to develop proactive customer communication within your customer base. Ensure communication with the Customer Service Team is of the highest level to ensure sales and service goals are met.
- Prepare and submit a forward sales call / travel plan to Sales Director to include reasons for visits, likely outcomes & expected travel requirements. Report on outcome of meetings and any necessary follow-ups. Communicate plans and follow up requirements to Customer Service Team.
- Report on competitor activity in each market.
- Liaise closely with Finance Department on the financial status of all customers. To immediately inform the Sales Director and Financial Controller when a credit risk is identified.
- Maintain up-to-date and organised records on all your Leisure Marine export accounts, paying particular attention to the upkeep of the customer contact database. Use CRM software to maintain records of your customers, their history and your contact with them.
- Preparation and timely submission of reports as required including visit reports, monthly activity reports and expense reports.
- Organise travel and overnight accommodation in line with company guidelines and authority levels.
- Present personal expenses by the end of each month for re-imbursement
- To comply fully at all times with the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines laid down in the performance of all duties.
- To provide general back up assistance for other team members, including job cover in their absence, as required.
- To carry out ad hoc tasks and projects as required, and to carry out any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time by your Line Manager or Senior Manager.