Back to job search
Embark on a transformative journey as our Principal Electrical Engineer and take the helm as the Electrical Capability Lead. This pivotal role will see you collaborating across commercial shipping and MOD marine sectors. As the professional head of the Electrical Capability, you will lead the Electrical Engineering team to new heights, ensuring solutions meet the evolving needs of the customers.
|£50000 - £65000 per annum
- Leadership: Efficiently manage and lead the Electrical Engineering team, overseeing day-to-day operations and contributing to strategic development.
- Project Excellence: Provide foundational electrical engineering support for consultancy projects, spanning Maritime (Defence or Commercial Shipping), Land, and Environmental Sectors.
- Strategic Development: Support the strategic growth of the Electrical Capability through resource management, recruitment, retention, and succession planning.
- Customer Delight: Lead winning bids and exceed customer expectations through outstanding project outputs.
- Flexibility: Embrace a hybrid remote work environment, combining remote and office-based work, with occasional travel to customer sites or meetings.
- Qualifications: Chartered Engineer with a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate and act with integrity across all levels of the business, promoting a lessons-learned culture and influencing decision-making.
- Leadership Skills: Lead development, promote respect, trust, openness, well-being, safety, collaboration, and recognize diversity in our people and teams.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong academic background in Electrical Engineering with a focus on high-power Marine electrical system design & development.
- Familiarity with Electrical Engineering modeling tools (e.g., MATLAB, Simulink, ETAP).
- Understanding of Marine Electrical Industrial Standards and Class Society regulations.
- Ability to critically assess new technologies for future marine platforms.
- Experience in understanding clients' needs, producing proposals, and statements of work.
- Experience in Electrical system & equipment testing, trials, and commissioning.
- Capability to work across the entire platform lifecycle.
- Active engagement with a Professional Body, contributing to conferences and events.
- Analysis Engineer
Portsmouth | Competitive
Are you a seasoned Structures and Analysis Engi...
- Assistant Yard Manager
Plymouth | £40000 - £45000 per annum
Assistant Yard Manager We are currently seeking...
- Project Manager
Devon | £45000 - £50000 per annum
My client are recruiting a Project Manager to w...