Senior Yacht Designer
Competitive Salary - London
Job Reference: 4229
Marc Newson is one of the most acclaimed and influential designers of his generation. He has worked across a wide range of disciplines, creating everything from furniture and household objects, to bicycles and cars, private and commercial aircraft, yachts, various architectural commissions, and signature sculptural pieces for clients across the globe.
- Manage the detailed exterior and interior design and help oversee the build process of a megayacht
- Create and adapt designs, drawings and technical calculations and ensure they comply with current regulations and clients requirements
- Work closely with a host of external parties and manage an internal team (c. 5 people)
- Travel as required to client and build sites (1-2 x month)
- 12-month fixed-term full time role (with potential extension) based in our Central London studio
- 10+ years relevant work experience, ideally all of which involves large-scale yachts
- Past experience in all project phases required from concept to build process to delivery
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Good time management skills; delivering work on time and to a high standard
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- Must work well within a varied team
- Fluency in English
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK/sponsorship not available
- Excellent AutoCAD (or similar) and Rhino modelling skills required
- Very good Adode CS skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Evidence on CV of technical detailing
- Understanding of boat building methods, materials, and requirements
please send your CV, portfolio and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Senior Yacht Designer' in the subject heading or via the 'apply' button below.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications, we shall only respond to candidates whose candidacy we would like to pursue.
Start date: June 2017