Head of Design and Naval Architecture – Small Craft
An international boatbuilder is seeking a Head of Design and Naval Architecture to join their in-house team.
Operating within the small craft sector, supplying a range of custom and production craft to both the HNW leisure and also commercial sectors, the brand has enjoyed strong sales and growth of recent years and with continued strong plans a requirement has been identified to recruit a senior individual to continue to drive the brand forwards.
The Head of Design and Naval Architecture will be managing a team of around 10, covering anything from initial sketches, through full scale and engineering and finally production drawings to be handed to the shop floor. With all departments under one roof, you'll be able to follow through the entire process, making real time changes to the work of your department.
So,what sort of credentials do you need to be the right person for the role?
– A degree in Naval Architecture – Ideally focussing on Performance Composite Small Craft
– Design office management experience – Crucially, this needs to have been gained within a small company!
– Commercial Acumen – A clear idea of the cost of building a boat, with the ability to design to budgets, plan ahead in terms of how you could use existing works to reduce costs in the future and also the ability to potentially identify new revenue streams
– Customer Facing – You'll need to be happy sitting down with a potential owner and be able to speak to them in the correct terminology, with a business mind, able to inspire when speaking about design ideas.
– Language Skills – As a minimum you will need to be able to speak either Advanced or Fluent English and French
For the right individual, there is huge potential to lead an inspired team, but also in the future, to take on an even more advanced position with the brand, offering potential to take profit share and earn further bonusses.
So, if this is you, please do contact us!
€65-75,000 per annum plus further performance/non-performance related benefits
Please Apply, or for further information, contact Ed on +44 (0)2380 633399