Design Engineer – Electrical Systems
£DOE - Wroxham, Norfolk
Job Reference: 3805
This role will be based at Oyster Yachts Wroxham and will report to the Lead Designer (Wroxham). As part of the design team you will be involved with all aspects of the production design engineering but specialise in the electrical systems. You will assist other members of the design and electrical teams plus liaise with various departments as and when required.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
To produce detailed electrical schematics and wiring schedules for production and ‘as built’ drawing packs.
To design parts and systems for new models and custom options for all boats
General requirements of the role
- Be able to perform and work within a team of designers / naval architects in order to optimise the overall design.
- Responsible for producing detailed technical drawings to enable the production yards and external contractors to efficiently produce the yacht.
- Able to produce general fabrication drawings for production by third parties.
- Have a clear understanding of marine systems used within yachts.
- Capable of performing general engineering calculations.
- Occasional travel between yards and manufacturing sites.
- Collating and organising information for the use of the electrical department
- Designing marine electrical circuits to accommodate optional extras to the standard vessel
- Create electrical drawings to an excellent standard
- Creating and updating electrical wiring schedules
- Creating and updating component parts lists for purchasing
- Assisting in testing and commissioning of electrical systems to ensure correct installation
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant ISO/IEC standards
- Collating information for the ‘as built’ drawing packs
Skills and Abilities
- An understanding of DC and AC electrical systems and willingness to become expert
- Previous experience with marine electrical systems would be very beneficial
- Capable user of AutoCAD. 3D CAD experience would be an advantage
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets
- Good communication and written presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to demanding schedules
Dependent on experience
Please email your CV with a covering letter highlighting your key experience and work history to Kristye Little at Oyster Yachts via the 'apply' button below.
For more information on oyster Yachts please click here